[Bioc-devel] Author names with special characters

Nuno Agostinho nunodanielagostinho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:14:28 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am sorry if this question is basic but I did not find the answer online nor in Bioconductor forums.

One of the authors of my package (https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.5/bioc/html/psichomics.html <https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.5/bioc/html/psichomics.html>) has special characters: its name should be André Falcão, yet the Bioconductor landing page shows its name as Andr<c3><a9> Falc<c3><a3>o.

What I have tried so far with no success:
- Type the respective Unicode code of the characters (Andr\u00E9 Falc\u00E3o)
- Type the characters directly (André Falcão) as Hervé Pagès did in HDF5Array <https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.5/bioc/html/HDF5Array.html>

Both result in Andr<c3><a9> Falc<c3><a3>o. Do you know how I should type the name so it is correctly displayed?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Nuno Agostinho