[Bioc-devel] biocLite and useDevel

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:07:34 CEST 2016

This is unexpected, to me at least (below).  I source biocLite and set
useDevel(TRUE) and it does not switch to current devel branch.  Perhaps
this has to do with branches and stuff.  Breaks current Travis setup.
Perhaps this is just a hiccup which will go away.

# R-3.3

R version 3.3.1 RC (2016-06-14 r70789) -- "Bug in Your Hair"
Copyright (C) 2016 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Bioconductor version 3.3 (BiocInstaller 1.22.3), ?biocLite for help
> useDevel(TRUE)
Installing package into ‘/usr/local/R/R-3.3/lib/R/site-library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Bioconductor version 3.3 (BiocInstaller 1.22.3), ?biocLite for help
'BiocInstaller' changed to version 1.22.3