[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 3.4 release schedule

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Wed Oct 5 23:33:10 CEST 2016

Hello,

I submitted a new package after the deadline, so I understand it won't
be available to users until the next release in 6 months (assuming it's
acceptable).

I'm not clear on what happens once a package is accepted into
Bioconductor. At that point, if I make changes, are they visible to
users, or is the version of the package available via BiocLite() frozen
between releases?

Put the other way, after my package is accepted, should I maintain
'stable' and 'developmental' branches in the package repo for my work?
Or is any change to my package treated as a development branch until it
gets frozen into the next official release in 6 months' time?

Thanks,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca