[Bioc-devel] GSL on Windows

Dong Li donggeat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:23:10 CET 2016

Thanks for all replies. Now it works.

I did not choose RcppGSL package because transforming arrays into
RcppGSL objects
would cause additional overhead. Although it is much easier to use
packages. I compared both under Linux and pure C runs faster.

On Windows I found the useful resources for GSL Windows DLL and headers for
both 32 and 64-bit.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/oscats/downloads

As Dan pointed out, build two directories:

:\GSL\i386
C:\GSL\x64

and set the
​
environment variable `LIB_GSL` as  `
:/GSL` instead of `
:\GSL`. And add C:\GSL\x64\bin to the Path in case missing the DLLs.

Best regards,

Dong