[Bioc-devel] recent changes in ggplot2 break some packages

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:50:53 CET 2016

Dear All,

At least some packages (partial list in links below) are failing checks in
both release and devel; the error logs for Linux, Windows, and Mac all show

"Error: processing vignette 'OncoSimulR.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
[GeomTextRepel/PositionQuasirandom/etc] was built with an incompatible
version of ggproto.  Please reinstall the package that provides this
extension."

A partial list for devel:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/OncoSimulR/malbec2-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/cytofkit/malbec2-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/maftools/malbec2-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/MoonlightR/malbec2-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/pcaExplorer/malbec2-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/scater/malbec2-buildsrc.html

For release:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/OncoSimulR/malbec1-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/cytofkit/malbec1-buildsrc.html
etc

This seems related to very recent changes in ggplot2 (and other people have
reported similar problems in oter forums). It is fixed reinstalling ggplot2
and the other package that depends on it (e.g., ggrepel)[1].

Should we just wait for ggplot2 and ggrepel to be reinstalled in the build
machines? How often do these happen?

Best,

R.

[1] And, at least for the package I maintain, OncoSimulR, there are no
issues with R-devel in my local machines or with Travis
(https://travis-ci.org/rdiaz02/OncoSimul), or Appveyor
(https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rdiaz02/OncoSimul).

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte