[Bioc-devel] Fwd: can't install CRAN Packages after installed devel version of R and Bioc 3.4

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:22:21 CET 2016

You're bing asked to use
  R --vanilla
because you have a non-standard problem, exemplified by the fact that what
you have problems with (installing CRAN packages) works for thousands of
users of Bioconductor (certainly for me).  This suggests that there is
something wrong with something on your computer.  Starting R with R
--vanilla disables loading of some user-specific component. If it works
with R --vanilla the conclusion is that whatever made it fail was something
loaded by R but not R --vanilla.  If it doesn't work with R --vanilla the
conclusion is that your problem is elsewhere.

Best,
Kasper