[Bioc-devel] Question about sumbition process and biocviews

Ioannis Vardaxis ioannis.vardaxis at math.ntnu.no
Sun Nov 6 22:54:37 CET 2016

Thanks for the answer,

I have some other questions about BiocCheck.

First I get the following warning:
* This is a software package, checking vignette directories...
    * ERROR: 'vignettes' directory!

I have my vignettes directory in the inst/doc/vignettes. If I change the
directory and place the vignettes in the top directory I don¹t get an
error from biocCheck, but I get a fatal error from Rcheck.

Secondly:
Checking unit tests...
    * NOTE: Consider adding unit tests. We strongly encourage them. See
      http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/unitTesting-guidelines/.

I read about unit tests, however the package is done and it works fine,
and at the same time I don¹t see how unit tests would benefit me based on
the functions in my package. Are them necessary?

Thirdly, I used the Rdpack for adding references to the roxynen files, but
I get an error from biocCheck that the macro is unknown. Is there another
way of using references in roxygen?

Finally, a question about coding: My longest function is 326 lines long,
and cannot be smaller, is that ok? I get a note in biocCheck. Moreover I
get the following note:
* Checking formatting of DESCRIPTION, NAMESPACE, man pages, R source,
  and vignette source...
    * NOTE: Consider shorter lines; 4 lines (0%) are > 80 characters
      long.
    * NOTE: Consider indenting lines with a multiple of 4 spaces; 462
      lines (6%) are not.

None of my code cross the 80 character line though and the spaces are
using the double tab that you need.

Ioannis Vardaxis

Stipendiat IMF
NTNU