[Bioc-devel] A handful of check to follow up on R CMD BiocCheck

Kevin RUE kevinrue67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:08:58 CET 2016

Thanks for the feedback!

I also tend to prefer *all* the lines being reported (or to be honest, that
was really true when I had lots of them; a problem that I largely mitigated
by fixing all of them once and subsequently paying more attention while
developing).

Printing the content of the offending line somewhat helps me spot the line
faster (more so for tab issues). But I must admit that showing the whole
line is somewhat "overkill". I just started thinking of a compromise being
to only show the first N characters of the line, with N being 80 minus the
number of characters necessary to print the filename and line number.

Thanks Martin for pointing out the lines in BiocCheck. (Now I feel bad for
not having checked sooner.. hehe!)
I think the idea of BiocCheck showing the first 6 offenders in BiocCheck
quite nice, as I rarely have more since I use using the RStudio "Tools >
Global Options > Code > Display > Show Margin > Margin column: 80" feature.

I'll give a go at both approaches (developing BiocCheck and my own scripts)

Cheers,
Kevin