[Bioc-devel] Cannot update the release in svn

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Mon May 30 03:36:22 CEST 2016

----- Original Message -----

"git svn" relies on svn's authentication mechanisms. So svn has to already know about your credentials.

Also, note that your svn username is 't.martin', not 'tiphaine' (which I guess is the username that you are logged into your computer as).

So you need to let svn know about your credentials, so do something like this:

svn log --limit 1 --username t.martin https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_3_3/madman/Rpacks/coMET

This will prompt for your svn password and might also ask you if it is ok to store your credentials on your computer in cleartext. You should answer 'y' to the questions it asks you.

After doing this you should be able to successfully run the 'git svn rebase' command.

Dan