[Bioc-devel] Issues uploading our updated package (CausalR)

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Mar 22 14:03:56 CET 2016

On 03/22/2016 07:53 AM, Glyn Bradley wrote:
> Hi,
> We’ve got CausalR back up both in the 3.2 release and devel, but although we committed the same package (with different version number) to both release and devel, the landing pages are showing
> build:OK in release but build:warnings in devel.
>
> Does anyone know why this might be, and more importantly, would the build:warnings in devel affect the release of the package in v3.3?

Clicking on the 'build' shield at the top of your package landing page
takes you to the build report for your package

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/CausalR/

Clicking on one of the 'WARNING' tags takes you to the build report for
that platform, and scrolling down we see

* checking whether package ‘CausalR’ can be installed ... [1s/1s] WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
   Warning: Package 'CausalR' is deprecated and will be removed from
Bioconductor
See ‘/home/biocbuild/bbs-3.3-bioc/meat/CausalR.Rcheck/00install.out’ for
details.

Your package was marked for deprecation (usually because there were
errors that prevented it from building that persisted for a long time,
leading us to think that the maintainer had abandoned it). Now that the
package has built, the deprecation tag will be (manually, by 'us')
removed and the warning will go away. We will remove the deprecation tag.

More generally, bioc-release uses the version of R and other Bioc
packages that are available to users of the release version of R and
Bioconductor, whereas bioc-devel uses the version of R and other Bioc
packages that will be available when the next bioc release occurs. For
instance, this means that bioc release currently uses R-3.2.4, whereas
bioc-devel uses R-devel / 3.3.0.

Martin