[Bioc-devel] some fixed bugs are not displayed properly in website

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Mar 22 13:55:19 CET 2016

On 03/22/2016 08:34 AM, Gmail2 wrote:
> Dear Bioc-dev guys,
>
> I recently fixed some bugs in my package SICtools and commit the changes into Release_3_2. To my surprise, it seems that the source in the website (http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.2/bioc/html/SICtools.html <http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.2/bioc/html/SICtools.html>) was not updated at all.
>
> 1) On obvious discrepancy is that I replaced doMC with doParallel, however, in the Depends part, still doMC is displayed; and I checked the source, it’s still the old one.

Remember that bug fixes only belong in release. Are all the changes
you've committed bug fixes?

Did you remember to bump the version (to 1.0.1 in the release, 1.1.1 in
devel)? If not the package is built but not pushed to the public repository.

> 2) One more thing, when I try to install the package using
>
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("SICtools")
>
> I got an error message “Warning message: package ‘SICtools’ is not available”. Anyway, it should be installed even for the old version...

What is your sessionInfo() ? As with any bug report it is helpful to
provide the full output of the command.

It seems like your package is not supported on windows

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.2/bioc-LATEST/SICtools/zin1-buildsrc.html

Too bad, why is that??

And also it looks like you've got your own version of samtools in there,
which is also too bad --

PLEASE REUSE Rsamtools or Rhtslib, both of which install across
platforms and have vignettes illustrating how the C code can be used
across packages.

Martin