[Bioc-devel] ExperimentHub and existing data in AnnotationHub

Laurent Gatto lg390 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 00:04:48 CET 2016

On 15 March 2016 21:45, Obenchain, Valerie wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> ExperimentHub won't be in the next release but will be active in the
> next devel (Bioconductor 3.5). If you want to move your data from
> AnnotationHub to ExperimentHub I can help with that but not until after
> the release. We don't have a formal policy but it seems reasonable for
> the 'more curated' datasets to be moved to ExperimentHub.

The reason I bring this up is that I am slowly disseminating
AnnotationHub as a way to obtain proteomics data (and plan to add more
data soon). For example, I am supposed to finalise a book chapter by the
end of the month where I have a section on obtaining MS/proteomics data
that mentions AnnotationHub. If all data is to be added to ExperimentHub
in the future, I think I should try to transition asap, before any
publications come out that can't be changed later on. Although that will
mean to the data to be available through devel only when the book
chapter, for example, is published.

Will there be some cross-talk between EH and AH to assure some backwards
compatibility?

Laurent

--
Laurent Gatto | @lgatt0