[Bioc-devel] SVN Commit - Problem with the Version Number

Morganella Sandro morganellaalx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:39:08 CET 2016

Dear All,
I have been working to fix an error on my package. So I have done the usual
steps:
(1) Download the package from the trunk repository
(2) Make my changes and update the version from (new version is now 3.9.44)
(3) I do the svn commit, and everything works fine
(4) Then I download and merge the release branch, and again everything
works fine

Th problem is when I do the commit on the release branch. In particular I
get the following error:

----
Transmitting file data ......svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
The y in the x.y.z version number should be even in release
in file branches/RELEASE_3_2/madman/Rpacks/VegaMC/DESCRIPTION.
See http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/
----

Any idea how to fix this?

Many Thanks,