[Bioc-devel] Listing package-specific methods

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 27 19:08:15 CEST 2016

1) is the package connection key, or is it the 'directness' of the method
in connection

with the class of interest?  (sorry to be so vague, there must be a more
scientific term...)

2) it seems useful to get the signature too.  this uses string operations
to get at something that

the class system likely "knows about" but seems to get close to your target

> directMethods = function(cl) {

+  grep(cl, methods(class=cl), value=TRUE)

+ }

> directMethods(class(dds))

 [1] "coef.DESeqDataSet"

 [2] "coerce,DESeqDataSet,RangedSummarizedExperiment-method"

 [3] "coerce<-,DESeqDataSet,RangedSummarizedExperiment-method"

 [4] "counts,DESeqDataSet-method"

 [5] "counts<-,DESeqDataSet,matrix-method"

 [6] "design,DESeqDataSet-method"

 [7] "design<-,DESeqDataSet,formula-method"

 [8] "dispersionFunction,DESeqDataSet-method"

 [9] "dispersionFunction<-,DESeqDataSet,function-method"

[10] "dispersions,DESeqDataSet-method"

[11] "dispersions<-,DESeqDataSet,numeric-method"

[12] "estimateDispersions,DESeqDataSet-method"

[13] "estimateSizeFactors,DESeqDataSet-method"

[14] "normalizationFactors,DESeqDataSet-method"

[15] "normalizationFactors<-,DESeqDataSet,matrix-method"

[16] "plotDispEsts,DESeqDataSet-method"

[17] "plotMA,DESeqDataSet-method"

[18] "sizeFactors,DESeqDataSet-method"

[19] "sizeFactors<-,DESeqDataSet,numeric-method"