[Bioc-devel] Listing package-specific methods

Michael Love michaelisaiahlove at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:39:37 CEST 2016

hi,

Following on a conversation from Bioc2016, I think it would be good to have
a function available to Bioconductor users that helps in the following
situation:

I'm a user, trying out a new package 'foo', which defines the FooData
class, that builds on top of SummarizedExperiment. The package author has
defined a set of methods for the FooData class in the 'foo' package. From
the R console, I want to see a list of these methods, but I don't want to
look through the entire list of methods defined for SummarizedExperiment,
Vector, and Annotated.

I think such a function should live somewhere easily accessible for
Bioconductor users. I worked out two implementations of this function which
you can see here:

http://rpubs.com/mikelove/pkgmethods