[Bioc-devel] update an existing package in Subversion version control

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at roswellpark.org
Wed Jun 15 17:21:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 06/15/2016 08:02 AM, Francesco Del Carratore wrote:
> Hi Again,
> with the help of Elena I managed to understand ho to submit a new version.
> I have still a couple of doubts.
> 1)Is it possible to change the maintainer of the package during the
> submission?

Yes, the maintainer field can be updated at any time. This is an
existing package, right? What is the name of the package?

> 2) Is it possible to change the name of the package in the new submission
> (e.g. from package_name to package_name2.0 ?)

No. If this is an existing package you cannot change the name in an
svn/git commit. If you feel the code base (and purpose?) of the package
has changed significantly then we'd recommend submitting a new package
with a new name.

Valerie