[Bioc-devel] Alphabetical index of man pages: how?

Rue-Albrecht, Kevin C k.rue-albrecht at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:32:43 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I think my previous email didn’t get through because of screenshots paste in the email.

Apologies for the relatively basic question, but… can anyone tell me how to produce the alphabetical index of man pages that appears in RStudio when clicking the package name in the package panel?
For example, take the Biobase package; in RStudio, go to the “Packages” panel, click on “Biobase”. You will see “A B C D … misc” links between the section title “Help Pages” and the list of man pages.
What I am trying to achieve is to display those links, and display the man pages by groups starting with the same letter.
All I get when I build and reload the package is a list of help pages without the alphabetical links.

I have looked at the source of the Biobase on GitHub and the “Writing R extensions” page, but I don’t see any instruction in either the man pages or the metafiles that seems to produce this index.

Many thanks!
Kevin