[Bioc-devel] Stackoverflow Bounty: pkgdown R package build_site function causes dependent packages unable to be loaded

Marcin Kosiński m.p.kosinski at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:35:49 CET 2016

Thanks Herve for comments.

I think I have found a solution for my problem, even though it wasn't
really reproducible, I admit.

It looks like I have found a nasty work-around.
`RTCGA` software package uses 8 data packages in its examples. Each data
package required RTCGA to be loaded. `pkgdown::build_site()` uses
`devtools::load_all()` which weirdly loads only objects from RTCGA but does
not allow to load this package during examples run.

I have removed `RTCGA` from `Depends` of the data packages by changing
those packages meta-informations like

    packages_to_remove_RTCGA_from_Depends <-
      c("RTCGA.clinical",
        "RTCGA.mutations",
        "RTCGA.rnaseq",
        "RTCGA.RPPA",
        "RTCGA.mRNA",
        "RTCGA.miRNASeq",
        "RTCGA.methylation",
        "RTCGA.CNV")

    sapply(packages_to_remove_RTCGA_from_Depends, function(data_package){
      Meta <- readRDS(file.path(.libPaths()[1], data_package, "Meta",
"package.rds"))
      Meta$Depends <- list()
      saveRDS(Meta, file.path(.libPaths()[1], data_package, "Meta",
"package.rds"))
    })