[Bioc-devel] Stackoverflow Bounty: pkgdown R package build_site function causes dependent packages unable to be loaded

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Fri Dec 16 06:43:16 CET 2016

Hi Marcin,

You posted this 7 months ago, it has been viewed 100 times, and nobody
commented or tried to answer. I don't know if a bounty is going to help
though.

To me, a much more effective way to get people help you is by providing
enough information so that people can easily reproduce the problem.
Honestly, right now, I don't see how people could easily reproduce
this. I guess most people have never heard of pkgdown, or don't know
where to find it, or don't know how to install it, or don't know which
version you used. They don't know which version of R or RTCGA you used
either, or what you did before calling pkgdown::build_site(), or what
platform you are on.

So if you manage to provide code that people can just copy/paste in
a fresh session in order to see the problem, that will greatly help.
Your code should show how to install pkgdown (don't assume people have
it installed already). After your code has loaded all the required
packages, show the output of your sessionInfo().

This is general advice for any bug report. I don't know if you found
a bug but it could be (hard to tell without being able to reproduce).

Also did you try to contact the pkgdown folks? This is probably a more
efficient way to report a bug than using stackoverflow.

Cheers,
H.

On 12/15/2016 07:21 AM, Marcin Kosiński wrote:
> I am trying to build a pkgdown documentation for Bioconductor package.
> I have wrote about it on the stackoverflow
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36874972/pkgdown-r-package-build-site-function-causes-dependent-packages-unable-to-be-loa
> but the question didn't receivew the expected attention.
>
> I have started a bounty, looking to give 50 points of my reputation for the
> best answer.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology