[Bioc-devel] pdflatex not found on oaxaca (Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)/x86_64) - R CMD check fails

Knoll, Max m.knoll at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Sun Dec 4 09:41:23 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm stuck in the submission process and encounter the following error when CHECK is performed (on oaxaca):

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.
Hmm ... looks like a package
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  pdflatex is not available
Error in running tools::texi2pdf()
You may want to clean up by 'rm -rf /tmp/RtmpP89k5T/Rd2pdf1781b755e60d0'

(complete output: http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/cnAnalysis450k_buildreport_20161204025335.html)

This, however, occurs only on the Mac OS X (oaxaca) server, all builds and checks on the windows machine

(and my local linux machine), do not show this error.

I suspect a missing folder in the PATH variable (as reported elsewhere), but I should not be able to inject environmental variable

changes on the testing system.

Any ideas on how to proceed are appreciated.

Best

Max