[Bioc-devel] package submission - problem with vignette

Karim Mezhoud kmezhoud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:38:54 CEST 2016

Dear Lara and Dan,
In my case I am having this error.  Thanks

* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Error: Vignette 'bioCancer.Rmd' is non-ASCII but has no declared encoding
Execution halted
Error: Command failed (1)
Execution halted

Exited with status 1.

I am setting vignette using knitr package.

In DESCRIPTION file I added:

Suggests:
    BiocStyle,
    AnnotationHub,
    knitr,
    rmarkdown,
    testthat (>= 0.10.0),
    rappdirs
VignetteBuilder: knitr

In Rmd file, I started by:

---
title: "bioCancer: Interactive Multi-OMICS Cancers Data Visualization and
Analysis"
author: "\\
    Karim Mezhoud (<kmezhoud at gmail.com>)\\
        Nuclear Science Center of Tunisia, Nuclear Safety & Security
Department"
date: "`r Sys.Date()`"
output:
  BiocStyle::html_document:
    toc: true
  BiocStyle::pdf_document:
    toc: true
vignette: >
  %\VignetteIndexEntry{bioCancer: Interactive Multi-OMICS Cancers Data
Visualization and Analysis}
  %\VignetteEngine{knitr::rmarkdown}
  %\VignetteDepends{AnnotationHub}
  %\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}