[Bioc-devel] Idea for improved visibility of Bioconductor packages

Thomas Lin Pedersen thomasp85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:27:15 CET 2015

I just sat down to write a linkedIn update about my recent package and noticed that a thumbnail styled summary was added once I put in the URL for my package (this is probably old news - I’m not much of a social media guy). The summary was a bit dull though, and I was wondering if it was possible to change something on the package landing pages to spice these thumbnails up a bit, so they would appear more exciting when people share their work on Facebook/linkedIn/Twitter…

Don’t know how much work this entail - it is definitely in the nice-to-have rather than need-to-have pile of feature requests