[Bioc-devel] question regarding change to release version of package

Jim Hester james.f.hester at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:31:38 CEST 2015

Samuel,

Only documentation and bug fixes should be back-ported to the release
branch. This issue would classify as a documentation fix so would be a
valid change.

The naming ambiguities can be resolved by specifying an `Authors at R` block
in your DESCRIPTION file.

```
Authors at R: c(person("Jessica", "Mar", role = "aut"),
        person("Laurence", "De Torrente", role = "aut"),
        person("Samuel", "Zimmerman", role = c("aut", "cre"),
          email = "sezimmer at einstein.yu.edu"))
```

This change allows us to now generate a correctly formatted citation.

```r
citation("pathVar")
#>
#> To cite package 'pathVar' in publications use:
#>
#>   Jessica Mar, Laurence De Torrente and Samuel Zimmerman (2015).
#>   pathVar: Methods to Find Pathways with Significantly Different
#>   Variability. R package version 1.1.0.
#>
#> A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is
#>
#>   @Manual{,
#>     title = {pathVar: Methods to Find Pathways with Significantly
Different
#> Variability},
#>     author = {Jessica Mar and Laurence {De Torrente} and Samuel
Zimmerman},
#>     year = {2015},
#>     note = {R package version 1.1.0},
#>   }
```