[Bioc-devel] SV4Vectors installation problem

Marcin Cieślik marcin.cieslik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:45:59 CEST 2015

Dear Bioconductors,

Somewhere in August S4Vectors stopped installing correctly resulting in a:

Creating a generic function for ‘nchar’ from package ‘base’ in package
‘S4Vectors’

message (that cannot be suppressed) each time the package is loaded. The
issue is not fixed by a fresh reinstall of bioconductor. The first hint of
the problem appears during installation

http://pastebin.com/UpKdeNTH

It appears I am not the only one affected a search reveals many instances:

e.g.
https://rpubs.com/Pazz/advanced_annotation
http://bioc.ism.ac.jp/packages/checkResults/3.1/bioc-LATEST/S4Vectors/petty-install.html
http://biocluster.ucr.edu/~rkaundal/R_sep2015/Rrnaseq/RNAseq.html

Thanks a lot for your work! If needed I can provide  a Docker image that
reproduces the problem.

Yours,
Marcin