[Bioc-devel] broken awards system on BioC support site

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Wed Oct 14 15:02:58 CEST 2015

Hello all,

The awards system on the support site seems to be broken, in that badges
are no longer being awarded. The last badge was given to Gordon
("Teacher") four weeks ago. However, I should have gotten the "Scholar"
and "Teacher" badges for:

https://support.bioconductor.org/p/73298/

which I wrote yesterday. And it's not just me; looking at the history of
the "Teacher" and "Scholar" badges indicates that they've been awarded
several times per week over the past year. I find it hard to believe
that the quality of the answers (or the vote-stinginess of the posters)
has changed so dramatically in the past four weeks.

I subsist on the joy of obtaining these badges, so can this be fixed?

Cheers,

Aaron