[Bioc-devel] IPI numbers in annotation packages

Marc Carlson mrjc42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:36:07 CEST 2015

Hi Jim,

You asked me on Friday where the PFAM Ids for yeast came from and I
couldn't recall because at the moment I was at Seattle Childrens (and thus
nowhere near my copy of my source code).  But I also said I would look into
it for you later (and I have).  Here is what my code tells me:  So ever
since IPI shut down, we have been getting the PFAM and IPI data from
UniProt.  There is a script in the UniProt.ws package
called processDataForBuild.R that is supposed to be called by the script
"src_build.sh" (it's the last thing that script does).  That code should
get the pfam data from yeast for you.  Please note that yeast required a
lot of special code to get it processed.  Nothing with yeast annotations is
ever easy.  It's like karmic accounting to compensate for all the bread and
beer.  ;)

Let me know if you need any more explanations about what is in there.
Because of the crazy timing, before I left I build I pushed into devel a
fresh set of .DB0s and core packages (in late August) just in case it was
too crazy to do a refresh right now.  But it sounds like you won't need
that.

  Marc