[Bioc-devel] Short URLs for packages?

Fischer, Bernd b.fischer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 23 16:05:55 CET 2015

The cited htaccess rule just links the release version of the package. Since
this would already be an improvement, it is not sufficient for links in papers.

During the production process of the paper we want to link to the accompanying
BioC package that is in devel, but not yet in release. Before the first release, the
link (e.g. www.bioconductor.org/<packagename>) should go to the devel version
(maybe with an additional warning that it is only available in devel), before the
first release of the package and should go to release afterwards.

Bernd