[Bioc-devel] Error on Windows when selecting a single chromosome from a BSgenome

Bernat Gel bgel at imppc.org
Fri Mar 20 16:06:59 CET 2015

Hi all,

We are trying to get our first package (regioneR) included into
Bioconductor. A couple of months ago it passed all the automatic checks
but now, without code changes from our part fails on windows.

I've been digging and it seems the problem arises when selecting a
single chromosome from a BSgenome object.

library("BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.masked")
BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.masked[["chr1"]]

This works in linux and mac but in windows it kills R without any error
message. Any idea of what's going on?

Our final aim when doing that is to have a data.frame with the genomic
coordinates of the masked regions, so if there's an alternative approach
we could use it as a workaround.

Thanks a lot!

Bernat