[Bioc-devel] New(ish!) Seattle Bioconductor team member

Jim Hester james.f.hester at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:11:50 CET 2015

I realized I sent this response the first time from the wrong email, so I
don't believe it made it to the mailing list.  Apologies if
you receive this twice.

In regards to using covr with RUnit tests, covr is not dependent on using
any particular testing framework it simply runs any commands found in
tests/.  So assuming `BiocGenerics:::testPackage()` (or whatever you have
in tests/) can properly find the tests to run from the package source root
directory it should work.

The bigger issue seems to be supporting S4 classes as used by
Bioconductor.  I have some support for tracking coverage of S4 classes, but
Bioconductor packages leverage far more S4 features than I have tested so
far, so you are likely to run into cases that break things I have not
encountered.  Currently S4 coverage is experimental at best I would say.

Thank you for all the warm welcome as well!

Jim