[Bioc-devel] Masked version of BSgenome.Hsapiens.NCBI.GRCh38?

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Fri Feb 13 19:59:26 CET 2015

Hi,

BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38 is available in devel via biocLite()

   http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/BiocViews.html#___BSgenome

and BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg38.masked is currently propagating and
will become available in the next couple of hours.

On 02/08/2015 11:42 PM, Ulrich Bodenhofer wrote:
> Hi Hervé,
>
> Thank you for your positive reply and thanks a lot in advance for your
> efforts putting the packages together! Just that you know, I am not
> personally in desperate need for these packages. I am currently
> finishing a GWAS-related package and I thought it would be nice to
> integrate support for the latest human genome build, but I think it is
> not (yet) a must-have feature. I do not know whether there are actually
> hg38-/GRCh38-based VCF files around yet, but I'm sure it is only a
> matter of time until they are.

Yes there are. Starting with build 141, dbSNP is based on GRCh38
and they provide the usual VCF files for that build. VCF files
based on hg38/GRCh38 are going to proliferate soon so we'd better
get ready :-)

Also we already have a TxDb package for hg38 (thanks Marc!)

   http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/BiocViews.html#___TxDb

so it makes a lot of sense to have the corresponding BSgenome packages.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès