[Bioc-devel] Progress Message Order in bplapply

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Dec 28 01:00:10 CET 2015

Hello,

I am experiencing some new and unexpected behaviour of mclapply.

Previously, progress messages were displayed in almost the expected order. Now, they are unlike the original order. My test case is :

bplapply(1:100, function(x) {if(x %% 10 == 0) message(x); Sys.sleep(30)}, BPPARAM = MulticoreParam(workers = 25))

The resulting progress message aren't displayed until the end of the process, whereas before they appeared immediately. I would expect 10 and 20 to appear before 30 did.

30
40
50
10