[Bioc-devel] ggplot2 2.0.0 export Position now, conflict with BiocGeneric::Position?

Morgan, Martin Martin.Morgan at roswellpark.org
Sat Dec 19 20:02:21 CET 2015

You are right that BiocGenerics creates and exports a generic Position.

I think you are right that the warning is coming from DESeq2, which imports(BiocGenerics) and imports(ggplot2).

The solution is for the DESeq2 author to do as you did, importFrom() selectively, or continue to declare Imports: in the DESCRIPTION file but use ggplot2::Position, etc., in the R code.

I am confident that this will be cleaned up by the DESeq2 author in the near future; there are a number of other problems likely to be introduced by ggplot2 changes in other Bioconductor packages.

Martin