[Bioc-devel] ggplot2 2.0.0 export Position now, conflict with BiocGeneric::Position?

Lo lorena.pantano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 18:35:31 CET 2015

Hi all,

maybe this is so stupid, I just updated to R 3.3 and all packages,
including gglot2 (2.0.0, two days ago).

I noticed ggplot2 now export Positions, and I think BiocGenerics as well
has that?

Now I having problems with my package that is under review in the
package builder with this warning:

Warning: replacing previous import by ‘ggplot2::Position’ when loading
‘DESeq2’

I import DESeq2 and DESeq2 import ggplot2. I was importing as well
ggplot2, so I was seeing this warning twice. I had to use importFrom to
fix it. Now I only see the warnings once.

Could someone try to replicate?

I just updated ggplot2 to 2.0.0 in R3.3 and installed devel version of
DESeq2, and I get the warning. I guess any package importing ggplot2
should do the same.

I just want to know if it is some stupid thing I am doing, or this will
start happening always n the future?

sorry if it was stupid.

thanks