[Bioc-devel] do SummarizedExperiments really need colnames?

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Sat Dec 5 21:50:26 CET 2015

Option (2) sounds nice. Even if you used (3), I would end up naming most
of my columns by seq_len anyway. I usually don't have very good
candidates for column names for my counting functions; the inputs to the
functions are BAM/other file paths that can get quite long, and I don't
like having spaced-out columns when I look at my assays.

I concede that the example of se[,2] <- se[,1] wasn't the most
realistic; it came about from some unit tests I was using to check
subset replacement behaviour, and it was failing once I threw in column
names.