[Bioc-devel] Trouble installing S4Vectors?

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:19:02 CEST 2015

I am trying to run the basic install with biocLite.  I am running R 3.2.2
on Ubuntu 14.04.

I install the BiocInstaller package with

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

I then try again to just install S4Vectors but it errors out on the
src_utils file with the following error:

str_utils.c: In function ‘get_svn_time’:
str_utils.c:259:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘tzset’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  tzset();
  ^
str_utils.c:261:18: error: ‘timezone’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
  utc_offset = - (timezone / 3600);
                  ^
str_utils.c:261:18: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in
make: *** [str_utils.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘S4Vectors’

Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Charles