[Bioc-devel] help with imports for new package and other questions

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:03:42 CEST 2015

Indeed, you need to use importFrom to selectively import.

In this process you'll realize how great it would be to have a function
called
  importEverythingFromExcept(  PACKAGE, NOT_THESE_FUNCTIONS)
but last time I raised this issue on R-devel, I was gently shut down.

In the meantime you should use the codetoolsBioC package (only available in
subversion; you need to check it out and build/install it by hand).  This
package has a function (writeNamespaceImports) which can analyze your code
and tell you exactly which functions you use from which package.  Trust me,
it'll save you days of work to use this.

SVN url is
  svn co
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/gentleman/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/codetoolsBioC

Best,