[Bioc-devel] seqnames as a candidate for BiocGenerics

Nicolas Delhomme nicolas.delhomme at umu.se
Mon Apr 27 21:03:14 CEST 2015

Hej Michael and Hervé!

Importing from GenomeInfoDb is what I do at the moment. I will have to check more extensively - adding more unit tests - but it seems to work so far, without "depending" on IRanges - thanks Michael I'll keep that in mind while testing.

I just had the understanding that if many packages needed the same generic, such generics were candidates for being ported to BiocGenerics simply because it would be more consistent to have them in BiocGenerics; that's all. But I also understand the cons and importing from GenomeInfoDb is certainly the path of least resistance ;-)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll come back to you if the point raised by Michael occurs.

Cheers,

Nico

Nicolas Delhomme

The Street Lab