[Bioc-devel] New-package: bamsignals

Alessandro Mammana mammana at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Apr 23 14:46:18 CEST 2015

Dear all,
we are excited to announce the availability of the new package
"bamsignals". The purpose of this package is to ease the calculation
of read counts from BAM files by skipping the step of loading the
reads in R: the counting functions in bamsignals take as arguments a
path to a BAM file and a GenomicRanges object with the regions of
interest. Even though we tried to make bamsignals as flexible as
possible, there are infinite ways of counting reads. So let us know if
you are interested in possible enhancements or if you have any
suggestions.
There is also a github repository bridged to the svn repository:
https://github.com/lamortenera/bamsignals .

Happy coding!
Ale

--
Alessandro Mammana, PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics