[Bioc-devel] build error, piano package

Leif Väremo varemo at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 22 08:38:31 CEST 2015

Dear developers,

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue:

The piano package in the devel branch runs into an error while building on
Bioconductor Linux (zin1), however everything is fine in the release branch
(zin2). Since the release and devel versions are identical at the moment I
suspect that this is a system specific issue?

The error is a LaTeX error while building the vignette:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  Running 'texi2dvi' on 'piano-vignette.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Package babel Error: Unknown option `swedish'. Either you misspelled it
(babel)                or the language definition file swedish.ldf was not
foun
d.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
! Emergency stop.

l.296 \ProcessOptions*

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Calls: <Anonymous> -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
Execution halted

Does anyone have any idea about how I can fix this error or can this be
handled on the Bioconductor side?

Thanks,

Leif Väremo
PhD student
Department of Biology and Biological Engineering
Division of Systems and Synthetic Biology
Chalmers University of Technology
Kemivägen 10, SE-412 96, Göteborg, Sweden

Mobile: +46 (0)705 44 26 43
Office: +46 (0)31 772 38 86
www.chalmers.se/en/departments/bio/
www.sysbio.se