[Bioc-devel] OpenMP on Mac OS "Mavericks" build server morelia

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenhofer at bioinf.jku.at
Mon Apr 13 12:37:37 CEST 2015

Dear BioC Core Team members,

As you know, we have submitted a package 'msa' for Bioconductor 3.1
which has been accepted last week. After having fixed some other
cross-platform problems, we are still having issues on the Mavericks
build server morelia (see
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.1/bioc-LATEST/msa/morelia-buildsrc.html).
Version 0.99.4 of our package throws an error that the OpenMP include
file omp.h is not found. Our configure script actually checks for OpenMP
and our package builds without any errors on all Mac OS systems we have
tested so far (Yosemite and Mavericks, and it also works on the Snow
Leopard build server petty). I suppose there are two possible sources of
the problem: that something is still wrong with our code or that OpenMP
is ill-configured on morelia. In the meantime, we have checked in
Version 0.99.5 which explicitly turns off OpenMP for all Mac OS
platforms, but we would prefer to remove this suboptimal workaround if
possible. Any help is gratefully appreciated!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Ulrich

P.S.: If this is a question that should not be discussed on this list,
but elsewhere, please let us know.
P.P.S.: That the Makefile says "Compilation successful" despite the
compilation error, has been fixed in 0.99.5.