[Bioc-devel] Announcing a new package: FlowRepositoryR

Josef Spidlen jspidlen at bccrc.ca
Thu Apr 9 14:19:00 CEST 2015

Hello to those working with flow cytometry data,
we are excited to announce that our package, FlowRepositoryR, is now
available in BioConductor (devel). This package provides a light interface
to access FlowRepository (https://flowrepository.org/) data from within R.
FlowRepository is a public repository currently containing 456 flow
cytometry experiments (datasets). 218 of those are public at this point and
the numbers are growing as researchers keep submitting data as part of
their publications. FlowRepositoryR provides an easy access requiring very
little R experience. Basic operations, such as locating a dataset,
reviewing metadata and downloading files can be done in one or two lines of
code. I would argue that this can actually be easier, faster and more
reliable than having to open your web browser and start clicking around.
Access to both, public and private experiments is supported. All access is
read-only at this point, but we will look into adding write functionality
after the current BioConductor release.

Please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or feature
requests.

Cheers,
Josef

--
Josef Spidlen, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist, Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency