[Bioc-devel] minor suggestion for BiocStyle?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 08:51:34 CEST 2014

Dear All,

I am now using BiocStyle for most of the latex I produce (even non-bioc
related, such as teaching class notes) but I find that the text of the
caption is often not distinct enough from the rest of the surrounding text,
especially with multi-line captions.

I fix that using the caption package, with options

\usepackage[margin=10pt,font=small,labelfont=bf,
labelsep=endash]{caption}

(directly from p. 4 of the documentation).

I wonder if it might be worth to make something like this the default. (And
I of course understand that this falls under "highly subjective choice and
thus user customization" and is up to us to do it if we want, so disregard
if irrelevant).

Best,

R.

--