[Bioc-devel] support site

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sat Sep 27 04:02:45 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<lianoglou.steve at gene.com> wrote:
> About the usability/clutter/UI -- IMHO, I think the bioconductor
> logo/banner is a bit too big and moving all of "the stuff" that's to
> the right of it "so far to the right" might be contributing to some of
> the disorientation (at least, I feel that it does to me). Perhaps
> moving the logo all the way to the right side of the top level buttons
> (and making it smaller) might be something to try.

Yup, moving it to the right as is makes it more appealing.  See
attached screenshot (just added style="float: right" to the logo div).

I also added a screenshot where the "personal banner" was moved (moved
its div by cut'n'pasting) to the very top such that "LATEST | OPEN |
INSTALL | ..." just appears closer to the actual list of topics.

Just protoypes (for the "large" Bootstrap style)

/Henrik