[Bioc-devel] coerce ExpressionSet to SummarizedExperiment

Michael Love michaelisaiahlove at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 23:19:39 CEST 2014

On Sep 20, 2014 2:15 PM, "Martin Morgan" <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> wrote:

> On 09/20/2014 10:43 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Vince.
>>
>> Looks like a good start.  I'd probably pull all the assays from
>> ExpressionSet into SummarizedExperiment as the default, avoiding data
>> coercion methods that are unnecessarily lossy.  Also, as it stands, the
>> assayname argument is not used anyway?
>

> I think there will be some resistance to uniting the 'Biobase' and
'IRanges' realms under 'GenomicRanges'; considerable effort has gone in to
making a rational hierarchy of package dependencies [perhaps Herve will
point to some of his ASCII art on the subject].

> I have some recollection of (recent) discussion related to this topic in
the DESeq2 realm, but am drawing a blank; presumably Michael or Wolfgang or
... will chime in.

Andrzej was working on a  conversion function for  DESeqDataSet <=>
DGEList. I don't think it was for SummarizedExperiment and eSet.

Mike

stvjc at channing.harvard.edu>

https://github.com/vjcitn/biocMultiAssay/blob/master/man/coerce-methods.Rd

>>> it occurred to me that we might want something like this in
GenomicRanges