[Bioc-devel] coerce ExpressionSet to SummarizedExperiment

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Sep 20 20:14:28 CEST 2014

On 09/20/2014 10:43 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
> Hi, Vince.
>
> Looks like a good start.  I'd probably pull all the assays from
> ExpressionSet into SummarizedExperiment as the default, avoiding data
> coercion methods that are unnecessarily lossy.  Also, as it stands, the
> assayname argument is not used anyway?

I think there will be some resistance to uniting the 'Biobase' and 'IRanges'
realms under 'GenomicRanges'; considerable effort has gone in to making a
rational hierarchy of package dependencies [perhaps Herve will point to some of
his ASCII art on the subject].

I have some recollection of (recent) discussion related to this topic in the
DESeq2 realm, but am drawing a blank; presumably Michael or Wolfgang or ... will
chime in.

Martin