[Bioc-devel] depends on packages providing classes

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:19:48 CET 2014

What is the current best paradigm for using all the classes in
S4Vectors/GenomeInfoDb/GenomicRanges/IRanges

I obviously import methods and classes from the relevant packages.

But shouldn't I depend on these packages as well?  Since I basically want
the user to have this functionality at the command line? That is what I do
now.

That of course leads to the R CMD check NOTE on depending on too many
packages.... I guess I should ignore that one.

Best,
Kasper