[Bioc-devel] Change of schema of ENSEMBL biomart

Kevin Rue-Albrecht kevin.rue at ucdconnect.ie
Fri Oct 17 16:03:23 CEST 2014

Well spotted Tiphaine !

I just checked and this has affected my package (GOexpress) as well, as it
fetches the external_gene_id to annotate gene features.
This prevent the key analysis step from completing on my analysis of *Bos
taurus* gene expression as well.

Consequently, I will bug-fix the release version immediately.

For the record, I make a few different calls to biomaRt for gene ontology
annotations, and I didn't get any error message there. But as you say,
there may be other Easter eggs in the various datasets.

Thanks very much !
Kevin