[Bioc-devel] New package: PAA

Michael Turewicz michael.turewicz at rub.de
Tue Oct 14 06:39:42 CEST 2014

Dear Bioconductor-community,

I would like to introduce a new package to you: PAA.

PAA (Protein Array Analyzer) is a package for protein microarray data
analysis (esp., ProtoArray data). PAA imports single color protein
microarray data that has been saved in gpr file format. After pre-processing
(background correction, batch filtering, normalization) univariate feature
pre-selection is performed (e.g., using the "minimum M statistic" approach).
Subsequently, a multivariate feature selection is conducted to discover
biomarker candidates. Therefore, either a frequency-based backwards
elimination aproach or ensemble feature selection can be used. PAA provides
a complete toolbox of analysis tools including several different plots for
results examination and evaluation.

I would be very happy to obtain suggestions concerning improvements and any
other feedback. Hence, I would be pleased if you would test PAA and tell
people working with ProtoArrays (or other protein microarrays) about the
package.

PAA-Link: http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/PAA.html
<http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/PAA.html%20>

Have a lot of fun with BioC 3.0 and PAA!!!

Best regards,

Michael

Dipl.-Bioinform. Michael Turewicz

Medizinisches Proteom-Center