[Bioc-devel] Updating package NEWS files for Bioconductor 3.0 release announcement

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 8 19:30:27 CEST 2014

Package developers --

Each Bioconductor release is accompanied by release notes that mention
new packages and other significant project developments. For the
forthcoming release we will include release notes for
individual packages, so that users have an easy way to survey changes
in their favorite packages.

To have your package release notes made available in the Bioconductor
release notes, please arrange for your package to include a NEWS.Rd or
NEWS file that can be parsed by the utils::news function (please make sure
this function runs without error on your package, or your package NEWS will
not be included in the release announcement). We'll run
this command over all packages, using a 'query' argument that captures
all updates more recent than the start of the current release cycle.
For instance, Rsamtools in the devel branch is at version "1.17.34", so
we'll get news with

> utils::news(Version >= "1.17.0", "Rsamtools")

See ?news for more detail. We will collate these files no later than Sunday,
October 12 at 5PM Seattle time.

Thanks,
Dan