[Bioc-devel] NAMESPACE question

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Wed Oct 8 04:05:45 CEST 2014

I think the intent there is that if you virtually always need a package to
generate the input or analyze the output of a documented function, it
should be in Depends. If it's a package that is only useful for
demonstration, it should be in Suggests, and one should abide by the same
guidelines (requireNamespace, etc) as Martin contributed.